Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


Star Wars. Episode V. Luke Skywalker finds out that the person he’s been fighting against has been his very own blood. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer” I’m adding another line, “but keep your family…even closer” #week8
Rave of the Week

I wanted to take a moment and commend this league. Every week…it never fails. Whenever I watch “top waiver picks ups for this week” the first six are already off the board…guaranteed. Fabiano’s “sleeper” has been wide awake in our league for weeks…I usually have to convert stats that say, “this guy is available in 84% of leagues” to “there’s a 16% chance he’s NOT owned yet in the Elite league.” And I’m sure you’re all too aware…if you drop an even a “potential” starter? He’s gone… (lol) you’re not getting him back. This might be the most researched, studied, in-the-know league we’ve had this year. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you guys were texting assistant coaches, towel boys, etc…

Rant of the Week

I play in this other league at work (it’s not that serious; I’m literally the “Ghostface Vilma” of that league). Since I don’t care about the outcome, I happily took Cam Newton with my first pick. One thing I’ve discovered is that as a fan, you never notice subpar performances. Last year I watched  Cam from afar, but having him up close has been a different season…Superman has turned into my kryptonite…you see when you’re a fan, you ignore, excuse and easily forget terrible games but when you’re a fantasy owner…you don’t. The stud in your eyes slowly becomes a duck…(now even though STL isn’t great) I avoid their players, and from now on I’ll avoid guys I truly like…why ruin the game of football, anymore? The moral of the story: never draft your favorite players…

I’m out like Han Solo from the freeze chamber: close call, but still alive…

HB2K  

No comments:

Post a Comment