Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers...


This was a pretty low scoring week all around, so after a few “What the flip!?” “Dag gummit!” and the priceless, “I hate fantasy football” Week five is in the books…

Rave of the Week
This week’s rave goes out to Wilfred “Bill” Winkenbach. Who is this man, you ask? Good ol’ Billy, here is the founding father and inventor of fantasy football. 

Did you know the first league came into existence back in 1962??? This means… (Wait for it) this is the 50th year of our beloved game, Fantasy Football. Fifty! When it was first set up, scoring only counted touchdowns and it was all done on paper. That means we would have had to rely on Dan and Maucus to do all the math for us (somehow I think they’d both always end up winning it all). What was the rationale behind it all? Wink’s (as I and his friends call him) favorite team was the Raiders who (surprise) sucked…but with fantasy football, there was a reason to enjoy the game of football, anyway!

I later discovered there’s a league this year that’s in its 34th season. (And I thought seven years was a long time…) That’s crazy… now fantasy football didn’t switch to internet scoring till 1997, but many leagues still follow the original rules (and some still do it on paper). Today over 19 million people compete in public and private leagues online nationally!

I propose once a year (during the ff season) that we have an official, “Willy Winkenbach Day!” 

Rant of the Week

Nothing I’m pissed about this week, boys! Enjoy your weeks and see you on the waivers!

I’m out like the ball Sproles didn’t catch that would have cost me the game…

HB2K  

No comments:

Post a Comment