Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


You guys always give me crap for my superstitious ways, but the story you’re about to hear is true. And kids…feel free to try this at home.  #weeksix


Rave of the Week

I spent 80% of Sunday’s games being blown out…late into the evening I was losing by almost one hundred points…100 POINTS. All of this is happening on not just any Sunday, my birthday…any other weekend I would have been crushed, but I was in good spirits due to the day (kudos to Dan & Shy).  I hadn’t seen my folks in like three weeks so they surprised me by coming home and took me out for dinner. Justin spent the better part of the day updating me on anything RG3 was doing so I was well aware that I was done. So here’s what I did…
A birthday cake was placed in front of me at the restaurant…I was told to make a wish…I thought about my score…and blew out the candles. Within an hour my phone starts blowing up about Rodger’s game. At first I didn’t think much of it [even if he dropped 35 (which is a great game) that’s still not enough] except believe it or not, I actually forgot about (a player who has done relatively nothing all year) Jordy Nelson…they combined for EIGHTY ONE POINTS.

(Steven I couldn’t tell you what I did SNF because I thought, “if I tell him before it’s all over then that cancels the wish) So I said NOTHING yesterday till the game was over. That was the greatest comeback I’ve ever seen in my life!!! I had to tell someone about this epic event…anyone! But no one could understand:

Girlfriend: “That’s nice…”

Merv: “If you called to talk #ff, I’m going to hang up…”

Sean: “Look man…you woke me for this, crap!?”

Everyone missed the magnitude of this comeback (not including the FIFTY points sitting on my bench) only you all can understand what we just witnessed. Tell your future kids! There was no way I should have won this game! The greatest comeback I had ever seen up to this point had been when Steven came back to beat me with Vick two years ago (and trust me, I’ve never forgotten…nor will I with this). To steal (and revise) the Sith’s slogan, “never overestimate the power of a lead…”

The moral of this story is one thing: birthday wishes are real…

Rant of the Week

Next week seven of my guys are on a bye…that’s more than half my team!? And of course I would be playing no one other than my nemesis, Hery Diaz. For years Dan and I have debated whether it’s better to take a guaranteed lost but maintain the team you want or to try and avoid a lost at all cost and end up with a make shift team.

I’m out like any sharp objects within Justin’s reach (courtesy of a text to Brie)… 

HB2K

No comments:

Post a Comment