Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead." #weekseven


Rave of the Week

In keeping with the philosophy of "eyes on the prize" this week's rave goes out to a special lady...(Dan knows her, Nathan went to school with her) who is this mysterious chic, you wonder? Her name is Jessica Goodrich, but more affectionately known as..."Bronco's Girl."

Three years ago (junior year; man times flies...) this P.Y.T. attended Union College. Now she wasn't the hottest girl to ever grace our campus (during my years, anyway) but she still turned plenty of heads and being the new girl made her stock climb even higher. However, within like two days she was snatched off the market by this kid named Bronco.

Dude pulled her so quick, no one in my circle even knew her name yet! So whenever we wanted to reference her (I think it was Sean came up with it) we started referring to her as, "Bronco's Girl." "Did you see Bronco's Girl? Who is that over there? Bronco's Girl...What's her real name? Bronco's Girl!" The best part is after one semester she was gone! #poof

Till this day none of us knew her name (I actually had to PG research to find that little fact) but she somehow still caught the attention of guys on campus (kind of like our trophy) till some lame duck wins her at the end of the season and then she's gone. And that's why I decided to appropriately name our trophy, "Bronco's Girl"

Later Nathan told me she (ahem) "got around in school" which only makes the name all the better for a trophy "that gets around..." lol

Rant of the Week

This week I needed a flex option with my entire bench on bye. (Listening to ESPN's ff show) I went to our bad news bears waiver pool to find a diamond in the rough. In order to look brilliant: I passed on Randall Cobb (who blew up), Andre Roberts (who also blew up) and Brandon LaFell (who played well) for...Danny Woodhead. I absolutely hate seeing what could have been, but we always have some justifiable reason why we think this player has potential. Some weeks we get lucky and some weeks it's a #waiverwirefail

Finally I couldn't help but bring up the subject that I like to refer to as, "your boy's boy." Last week I was giving Justin crap for his overloaded, overrated-Vikings, sponsored team. (Dude isn't just swinging, he's built a hammock in Minnesota) Anyway, I end up picking up their defense and I hated every bit of it. You never want to be accused of having one of your boy's boys...I always hope the 49ers lose, I roll my eyes when the Cowboys win and #smh at every Giants comeback. As a friend, it's your responsibility to be the biggest ANTI-FAN of your boy's team. Sending them text immediately after a loss, specifically NOT mentioning their team as a contender and (most importantly) asking, "...why does your team SUCK?" It's not antagonistic, it's keeping them humble...by popping the wheels on their bandwagon (and a perk of being their boy) which leads me to this:

I'm out like Hery's winning streak...

HB2K

P.s. Baseball is such a stupid, stupid sport... #cardinals

No comments:

Post a Comment