Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

 
“We lost, but I made it on the big screen so all in all…I’m going to count that as a win…” #weekone

*Allow me to apologize, gentlemen...this is my first evening home all week. I did have TMH blog ready, but I didn't have access to the page other than via phone so I haven't been able to publish till now...

Rave of the Week

Fresh off the press…like brewed coffee or piping hot donuts in the morning…the over-emotional, over-reaction, over-parenthetical, over-vocabulary published experiences of a fellow fantasy football GM has returned for a new year. Ready or not, 2014 season, here we go... 

I'm a goal setter. There's very little in life I've ever done that wasn't planned in someway. Last year, one of my goals was to attend a NFL game with my Father. [FLASH FORWARD] This year, I was blessed to fulfill another goal of mine by participating with the entire family for the season opener.

Although the Chiefs lost, there is still nothing comparable to attending a NFL game, especially seeing that field for the first time. Hery shared his experience last year, Ryan is going next week and Steve the following week. If you love and play this game, you've got to do it. If I can compare my love of sports to music, attending a NFL game vs. watching it on television is like listening to music with $3 headphones vs. listening through Bose speakers. Now you’ll listen to music anyway you can get it, but there is definitely an ultimate way. If I had it my way, I’d always watch the game outside the box if it wasn't for the tickets and traffic. My next ultimate goal is to attend a game with the Elite league.

At the conclusion of the game we came back home to BBQ and our very own; Steve Hutchison (The Bane) joined us for the rest of the evening. On Monday was Maucus’ birthday (which is probably why Hery lost) and yesterday (when I wrote this) I was left exhausted from the excitement of the weekend which can best be described as a "Tuesday Morning Hangover." My football weekend goal. 

Rant of the Week

It's been said that the only thing consistent about change is change. However there are a few things in this league that will never change: the Elite will always maintain a 90% retention ratio every year, Justin's will finish the season with 3 mediocre QBS, Nathan will somehow make the playoffs, Francois will never have a team picture, jokes will be made about Dan and waivers will always suck.

In keeping with consistency, it's only week one and the league has already become a proverbial hangover to my Tuesday. I wasn't bothered by my loss this weekend (thanks to Julius Thomas and Alex Rodriguez). I've always felt that if there was an ideal week to lose, it's always the first week. Wars are won in draft, but weekly battles are won in the waiver pool. However in the Elite, it should not be called a waiver pool. It's more like a waiver bird bath where you're hoping to get a splash of something...promising. There are a 1,000 things I enjoy about the league, but the waivers isn't one of them. It's not even missing out on a player being taken prior to your claim, it's the fact that what the rest of the world considers "Claims for Week 2" were actually drafted in our world. [Spoiler Alert] If you're playing waivers tonight for the second weekend of the NFL, you've already lost because everyone else is busy claiming players for Week 3. Good luck getting ready for Week 4 in Week 2.  
    
I’m out like Ray Rice... 

HBK

P.s. In the past week, it's been Nathan, Maucus & Francois' birthday so make sure you give them a some shout outs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment