Wednesday, September 24, 2014

This is not a joke...



We look at players injuries sometime and say, "man up and keep playing, I only need five yards!" but this is no joking matter boys.

Hey boys! Yesterday I unfortunately got a concussion (I think). And boy does it hurt! It happen on my first day of MMA class(MMA or any contact sport is hard especially if you haven't eaten or trained for it). And thats what happen to me. I did not eat before the workout. You are talking to a triathlete here! I always eat! Thirty minutes into my workout I feel lightheaded so i tell my instructor and go outside. I vomited. Then I vomited again. And then one more time. A couple of second later I'm on the floor and have tons of people around me saying if I was ok. I don't know what happen. 

They said I blacked out, but hit my head hard! And there goes my first mild concussion. Ringing in the ear, blurry vision with dots everywhere and splitting headache. I did not stand till it all resolved and it did except the headache. I was able to remember everything that happen and what caused me to black out. I was also able to state my name, city and date, So I knew I didn't need an ambulance. I apologizing a thousands of times to my instructor. My roommate came picked me up and took me home. I am now resting in the coach doing nothing. Taking ibuprofen and tylenol with ice pack in my head. 

whats the point of the story? well I didn't literally get hit and blacked out like in the NFL, but just hitting my head  and having this headache is scary and hurts! So when we see Welker on the floor after a hard hit don't scream at him and tell him to give you five more yards. Or if Charles has a high ankle sprain don't tell him to man up(this one for me) injuries are no joke my friends. I am feeling a little better after 24 hours of rest and sleep. If my headache persist for 4 days I will go to the hospital and get an MRI. But imagine waiting 2-3 weeks before hitting the field again! 
I apologize for my grammar and story telling. I am no JB lol
Have a good day guys! Need to go and eat! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment