Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


If 25 trades were processed this year that means there were at least 75 trades rejected… #weektwelve
Rave of the Week

As much as I love this game of fantasy football, I’m glad that it is drawing to a close. There are some GM calls I’d like back, but I wouldn’t restart the season. The tenacity of competition throughout this five month stretch is almost strenuous. I don’t think we’d be as competitively engaged if this game lasted much longer. Too much cake makes anyone sick. Once this game concludes: I don’t touch, look, read or write anything fantasy football for seven months. At the start of August: the studying, researching, observing, reviewing and highlighting of players begin again, but not a moment earlier.  

However I love the season because it gives me something extra to occupy extra moments (or hours). I’ve always been curious how often everyone logs on/off the page. I’ll check in the morning, once or twice at work (the page is always busy when I’m busy), once in the evening and definitely before turning in for the night. (If I lose, the following day I don’t visit the page at all) Quite honestly I rarely do any research on the actual page so most of my visits are just to see if you all have said/done/invented anything…which is kudos to you all. We have created a football, “Facebook.”


Rant of the Week

Earlier this year, I was curious as to how you all deal with losses, but I wanted to hear from you all before concluding my story. I hate losing. Hate it…especially if it’s in something I love doing. You beat me in one of Dan’s made up board games? I could care less…beat me in Chess? We’ve got some serious problems.

There was a time that a loss would make or break my entire Sunday, but that perspective changed prior to the season upon discovering some upsetting news. We all love football, but we also know how long a football game can last…11 minutes. Nope. You read that right: the three hours you spend in front of a television watching a game last about 11 minutes. Take away the live action, commentating, commercials, replays…most of the game is spent on shots of players simply standing…either in a huddle or sideline. So technically, your players do score all of their points in about ten minutes.  

Hery wrote an article at the beginning of the year that coincided with the subject of time. Does this mean I won’t watch football games? Of course not, the Broncos/Patriots game was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen...however, I’m not going to spend all day Sunday watching games.

I resolved that I can’t emotionally spend an entire day revolved around a series of eleven minute outcomes. Will I still be annoyed if I lose this weekend? Heck yeah! Steve not only beat me but recorded the highest score of all time against me. However I will not spend my entire day awaiting  

I’m out like Derrick Rose…

CBK

P.s. Stay tuned… “THE ELITE LEAGUE (Off the Field) AWARDS” coming up next…

[Elite History Fact #91: QB: Phillip Rivers, RB: Knowshon Moreno, RB: Zac Stacy, WR: Josh Gordon WR: Keenan Allen, TE: Jordan Reed, DST: Chiefs. An entire starting line-up was selected from waivers in 2013…this is why you play the waivers…]  



No comments:

Post a Comment