Thursday, September 26, 2013

JB's Pick 6; Week 4




Good afternoon, Gents!


#WRONGSOFWEEK3

 “Dallas is average. St. Louis comes in and not only beats them...they smoke Dallas!”
 “So, you play the cards you have...therefore allowing the Bills to beat you with their hand, which is one of a kind in EJ Manuel.”
 “I just can’t see how the Titans can stop Philip Rivers & that CRAZY offense.”
 “Do we really see them (the Lions) tearing apart this Redskins D in the running game?”


#RIGHTSOFWEEK3

 “Sir Daniel Martinez, aka The Educators, aka swift breezes between the two front teeth for growing them fantasy football crops & taking advantage of this year’s rainy season of trading...”
 “Again, I say 2-0 next to Miami is reason enough to be on their bandwagon.”
 “Andy Reid comes back into Philly with a better team than when he left Philly. Yes, I said it! The Chiefs are legit & the Eagles are overrated.”
 “Minnesota under prepares for this game and gets screwed, simple as that.”
 “One word: mess. That is the definition of the Giants right now. The Panthers will finally get a win this season.”


#RESULTS

(JB’s Current Pick 6 Record: 10-10)

And the 50% predictions continue to ring true. I will say that I am proud to announce that I got BOTH of my upset picks correct from last week. I mean, who knew that the Vikings would absolutely CHOKE on a game that should have been in the bag from the beginning! And not to mention, WHO KNEW that the Giants wouldn’t even score a single POINT from a game that should’ve been a lot more competitive? Well, I won’t say that I knew...except I will & I knew! Oh, let the contradictions roll on because without contradictions, we wouldn’t have sour patch kids. I mean, who came up with the idea for that kind of candy? Do you think a handful of parents whom had to send their children to disciplinary schools/boot camps threw that suggestion in the pot when Nestle had their monthly “ideal” meetings? Now THAT I admit, I do not know.   


#JABOFTHEWEEK

The jab of the week goes to my Andrews University buddy, Francois Crawford, aka The Sons of Thunder, aka Gumby in the knees for constantly, consistently panicking about his team each week. Even when he is up by 50-60 points he doesn’t seem to hold much faith in the fact that he might just win. And anytime I suggest that he’ll win, he turns to me and shoots some insult of a vocabulary word that sounds as if it was conceived from Australia or the UK. Here’s to more sleep, Francois...not to mention more healing in that knee. Enjoy:




#LIMITEDWAIVERS

First of all I’d like to point out to Nathan that Jermichael Finley is on a bye week, just in case he hasn’t really noticed that yet. Anyways…

Now is that time of year when we all are scrounging around for a backup QB for when our starting QB goes on a bye week. A lot of guys from NFL.com suggest that you pick up Tannehill or Dalton or even Pryor! I say NAY to all of those dudes!! I say YAY to Alex Smith. Pick up this guy for your backup, pronto!!! I won’t say it again...okay, I will say it again- pick up this dude for your backup!! Now that we have that clear, let me just say that 3-0 helps but the key words in WHY you should pick him up off waivers is because of “Andy Reid”. That’s all I should really say about that. But I’ll say more. As Andy Reid goes on through the season, he’s been known to open up the passing game for his QB. Hence, cue Alex Smith and 30 point games. Just you watch.


#JB’SPICK6

#6). San Francisco @ St. Louis:

Tough game to pick but because the Niners are struggling and have cost me 2 picks in the past couple of weeks, I’m picking against them! I don’t really see anything changing from the gameplan of the Niners, to be honest. I mean, we all know what they should do to win- run the ball. But are they going to do that with the big head in Harbaugh “Bawls”&”Let me wear the wrong team’s cap”-in-Kaep? Probably not. There’s just too much talent on the Rams offense to avoid them any further. And last week’s “ouch” rarity from the Rams defense won’t happen again this week.

JB’s PICK: RAMS


#5). Arizona @ Tampa Bay:

One fresh name: Mike Glennon. He will be the difference maker in the outcome of this game. The question I beg to ask: is Glennon ready? He loves to sling the ball, so I guarantee there will be huge points for fantasy from the Bucs receivers. That said, with the good always comes the bad & I just don’t think that Glennon can go into his first game like this and not throw interceptions. Therefore, the Cards come away with this win.

JB’s PICK: CARDINALS


#4). Minnesota @ Pittsburgh (which is really London):

What a lot of people discount in these overseas games is the fact of jet lag. I guarantee you that both defenses will give up HUGE amounts of points because of my first sentence. It’s just human anatomy, folks. That being stated, the shootout goes to the Vikings. Why? Because Ponder won’t be starting this week. Cassel is the better QB no matter what Greg Jennings says. And speaking of Jennings, he’ll have a big game for a spot of tea. And Ponder will finally succumb to the pun in his name within which many analysts LOVE taking advantage of.

JB’s PICK: VIKINGS


#3). New York @ Tennessee

Have the Jets been a fluke these past 2 weeks? Is Geno Smith really doing well in his rookie season?? Can the Jets defense continue to hold power offenses? Wake up, guys!! NO, YES, & YES!!! No matter how much I love the Titan’s defense, I’m afraid I’m going to have to pick against them for the second week in a row. It’s surprising but true: the Jets actually look pretty good right now.

JB’s PICK: JETS


#2). Dallas @ San Diego

Okay, I was wrong. Dallas has proved me wrong TWICE now. But I’m going with third time’s the charm in this game to finally get it right. I initially picked up the Cowboys’ defense because I looked at the film & was impressed. But then I looked at it again & saw a lot of miscues. Sure, their team is amazing at flying to the guy with the ball, but when it comes to coverage...ouch! You just can’t do that with Philip Rivers this week. Hence, my pick.

JB’s PICK: CHARGERS


#1). Miami @ New Orleans

Remember what I said from week one & how difficult it is to beat the Saints at home? Well, Miami is no exception, even being on their bandwagon. This week I’m off the bandwagon, especially since Cameron Wake is hurt. Look out for that Dolphin TE to score some loot points, though. Too bad he’s on Henry’s bench. But, what else is new, right? Saints, Saints, Saints!! Sorry, Miami.

JB’s PICK: SAINTS


And there you have it! This is where I insert the challenge: give me something to pick my own brain about in your own bold predictions. SERIOUSLY, guys. MAKE SOME DAGGUM PREDICTIONS! Because if there’s anything I love more, it is BOLD predictions. Here is where I pass the weekend torch to your comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment