Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


Five minutes after initial excitement of Thursday’s game I thought, “Why did I ever want to experience this apoplectic rage of emotion, again? #weekone

Rave of the Week

Last year was unbelievable…16-0? I contemplated retirement, I mean, you can only go downhill from here (even if I go 10-3, it still wouldn't compare). But I couldn't walk away…I love this game.

However, last year is in the past…HB2K12 is over. Truthfully, I was actually glad to take a loss relatively early. It helps to get last year out of my system. It’s 2013. New season. New players. New goals. 
I started last season with immediate declarations for the title with the initials “HB2K.” I won’t go as far as to add a “3,” but I am coming. As far as I’m concerned, I never had her [see “Rant” below].

We have two, two-time winners, but there’s never been a “back to back” champ. (We’re still a relatively young league). However this can only be sought by the current winner. I’m halfway there; to lose would mean having to start all over again.

I've only got one shot…and I’m going for it.

Rant of the Week

When I won my first championship back in 2009, I went to Disney World for an extended stay. In seven years of playing fantasy football, I've only missed the playoffs one time (in 2010). Why? Because I didn’t care! Here’s why…  

Check this: a winner is declared the second to last weekend in December.  The next 364 days…you’re the defending champ. January? March? June? August? October? Champ. Champ. Champ. Champ. Champ.

As of now, everyone is playing for Bronco’s girl; as I write this, she is mine; why do I need to play so competitively? Nathan, Ryan & Hery can relate…Nathan pretty much checked out last year and Hery’s competitive edge only sky rocketed last year at the start of the season once he had to give back what wasn't his. You’re in a trance until a new winner is declared because suddenly you want what you don’t have.

It’s quite simple, really…when we have the girl, we tend to relax…it’s why the first year of marriage you gain ten pounds. (Check Justin and Dan’s scale weight since saying, “I do”) A comfortable GM is not a competitive GM.

Where’s the trophy now? My sister has it, somewhere... she said (and I quote), “sigh…do I have to keep this stupid thing?” Yes…for the sake of the Heartbreak Kid Franchise and the first, ever back to back. 

I’m out like my win streak, and first loss since...2011.

HB2K 

No comments:

Post a Comment