Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers...


All it took was one story and GM’s are willing to trade 3/4ths of your team…if I write a story on why we need videos, will you all suddenly start posting them???
Rave of the Week

I was in the check-out line at the grocery store yesterday. While I was waiting I pulled out my phone to check my team’s progress. There was a guy behind me so I asked him if he watched football; he said, “I used to…but I got married.” “Poor guy” I thought…I spun back around and asked him was that always the case (SPOILER ALERT) and he said, “nope, she used to watch it with me all the time.” Then I thought, oh no…

Now girlfriend doesn’t give a flip about football: when I win, she doesn’t care and when if I lose…she won’t care, lol. In ten years will I turn into that guy I saw at the check-out line??? No, I say! NEVER! Will other guys in the league eventually leave this Neverland webpage? Probably…lol (except for Hery; dude’s a G) I say all of this to say, every year I enjoy playing with my duuudes and I’ll enjoy every year you’re all in this league! Four wonderful weeks have gone by…okay, not all wonderful but at least the referees are now back (even though it took me all of one quarter to start booing them, too). Ten more fun weeks to go!     

Rant of the Week

This next subject I could go on a tangent about every weekend…have you ever checked the stats of a specific player on your team and to your surprise see that they’re in second quarter of a game with zero points!? (And constantly re-hitting “refresh” isn’t adding anything to their point total) You immediately check for updates…are they injured? No…has the offense been shut down? No, worse… (The team’s scored three times) WHAT THE FLIP, then!? #mikereference I’d be more okay with this if it was the last second buster I added to my roster because of a bye or shortage, but no! It’s usually that “can’t miss” guy. I always want to run on the field and say to my player, “Have some respect for yourself!”

I’m out like half the team Dan, Hery and Jonathan all drafted…

HB2K  

No comments:

Post a Comment