Friday, October 25, 2013

Tuesday Morning Specials


"Excuse my French, but I'm in France..." #weekeightpreview

Rave of the Weekend

A week can be a nonstop of going and going till it's over and we religiously stop before going, again. If you're able to slow down and converse with one of many people in life, you'll find we all look forward to a place, time or utopia where we can simply relax. The Sabbath was created for such a reason, but we push ourselves to the brink that we fantasizing for more. If you ask my Father where would he like to go and visit, he'd probably tell you to visit Paris. I'm not sure what's his fascination with France, nevertheless my (inexpensive) idea of utopia happens for a brief moment towards the end of my week.

I stay pretty busy on a weekly basis and truthfully I'm beginning to ostensibly think I'm actually addicted to it. Anyway, Thursday evenings, I have one night where I have no commitments, responsibilities, obligations, etc. October is my favorite month for many reasons, but there's a two week stretch in the middle of the month that I like to call the "sweet spot." As much as I love Fantasy Football, I keep up with all sports: basketball, baseball, boxing, tennis and golf...however this time of year a cosmo-like collision of my primary sports: NFL, NBA & MLB all transpire within the same two weeks and when it happens, it's legendary.    

Yesterday evening, Thursday Night featured: [my favorite player] Cam Newton, [my favorite team] the Cardinals in Game 2 of the World Series and [my other, other team] the Spurs last preseason game. Seriously...what more could I ask for in life? I slide across the wooden floor in my socks, collapsed on the middle of the couch, propped my feet on my "coffee table" and thought...this is awesome. 

You see...for a sports fan, this is the American dream. Let's face it, at all times there's nothing better than sitting on the couch, eating pizza and (veggie) hot wings, drinking Tahitian treat while watching multiple games all AT THE SAME TIME. No need for commercials...I had the football game playing on my monitor and I flipped back and forth between the base and basketball game.

I sat there in a state on contentment, taking in the evening like viewing an eclipse and concluded the evening seeing two of three win (so let's hope that starts a trend). When an experience like this comes along, who needs a rant going into the weekend. Good luck (except Orange Crush) this weekend, boys!

Game of the Week: The Bane vs. The Educators  

Snooze of the Week: JB vs. The Sith

Weekend Special: Sons of Thunder vs. Sesame Street Gang

I'm out like any batter vs. Wacha...

CBK

P.s. More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment