Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Bigger They Are...



Winning is winning. I'll take a W over and L any week of the season. However, I think we can all agree that there are some victories that we savor a little more than others.

Last week I took on one of the giants of our league (pictured above). It pains me to describe them as giants, but I can't deny their records or juggernaut teams. I have to commend them on drafting (SSG) and trading for (EDU) great teams. That being said, these are also the teams I love to beat and hate to lose to. Maybe it's because of their level of competition, maybe it's because I don't have time to proofread their comments. Whatever the reason, there is no sound like a giant's knees hitting the ground.

This brings me to this week. JB, you have proven yourself to be a daring strategist. You seem to always have a plan based on research, and no matter how outlandish the conclusions you draw from the data are, I respect your bravado. Whatever the research has been whispering to you lately, stay true my friend. DO NOT let SSG finish atop the league at 12-1. Rally your prophets, draft your edicts, and wage war on this giant. I can assure you the the taste of victory will be sweeter than any other this season.

That being said, I am starting my own David in Tyreek Hill over Goliath Amari Cooper this week. So I guess we'll see if the value I place on boldness results in anything more than heartburn.

Boom Shakalaka

-Chief Rocka

No comments:

Post a Comment