Sunday, December 18, 2016

Steven Knievel



There is something about danger that stirs. It awakens that primordial spirit lying dormant behind our academia and cordiality and rouses us to test our edges. It calls us to strut, to flex, to make a display of strength at a nearly unimaginable level. Whatever wild-eyed drive, death-defying lust is buried in our bones, it has fallen on me today.

This is the second record-breaking Chiefs game I will attend. The first was on September 29, 2014 when Arrowhead stadium stole the crown back from Seattle of being the loudest crowd in a sports stadium. Today, I am about to don my American flag helmet and cape and hurl myself into the coldest game in Arrowhead stadium's history. It is currently -4 degrees and it should reach all of 8 by the end of the game.

I am starting Mariota, who is from Honolulu, against my better judgement. But I couldn't pass up the chance to see three of my fantasy players in real time! Dan, notice is hereby served. You may give endless hours and relentless texts during the season to establish yourself in this round of playoffs, but I am giving blood. Today I sacrifice my body to football, to fandom, to the Chiefs.

Boom Shakalaka


- Chief Rocka

No comments:

Post a Comment