Sunday, September 11, 2016

Chief Rocka

Chief Rocka

I know, I know... The season has already begun. I have to admit that I planned to execute the name change prior to the season starting but time has a way of filling itself with surprises.

For those who don't know, I've had quite a busy summer. Within two weeks's time I bought a house, graduated from KU with a master's degree and proposed to Alejandra Rodriguez. I can honestly say that this summer has been the most eventful of my life, and easily the best. God has been blessing me like crazy, and I can't wait to see what He has in store for me next. I know that not all seasons of life are mountaintops, but I'm going to enjoy the view from this one.

Alex's family is in town from San Diego this weekend and they are die hard football fans (they wore Patriots and Chargers jerseys to the Chiefs game today). Besides testing my Spanish fluency, they also gave me the opportunity to reflect on the city I am beginning to love as they experience it for the first time. As HBK can attest, I have been immersing myself in all Kansas City has to offer. So when Alex's aunt asked me (in the company of her Jamaal-Charles-jersey-wearing mother) who my team was, it became clearer than ever. With an impressive comeback to start off the year, I was happy to watch my team upset the Chargers. The excitement and magic of football enraptured me, and I found myself believing.

I served notice during the draft pick lottery that this was my year, and I am opening the year with a new team name. I hope to be able to share a little of Kansas City with each of you sometime. Let me know if you want to visit (as I now have a place for you to stay if you want). Until then, I'll just have to show you how great my city is from the top of the rankings.

Boom Shakalaka




No comments:

Post a Comment