Friday, September 2, 2016

The Elite League 2016 Mock Draft

Shameless Ad: This entire article was created on the Samsung Note 4 representing both what can be done a Sprint smartphone and gives everyone in the league no excuse for producing content. Yes, I've sold out...#companyman
Gentlemen, we have 10 GMs and a draft day set in place. I've decided to have a little fun as the season draws nigh. As I've said before, "the true test of how well you know someone is when you go purchase something for them." The same is true in fantasy football after a decade, too.

After 10 seasons (in the 11th year) with many of you, I think I've gotten to know you all very well. So here is my mock draft (of what I think you all will do) for the first round in Elite League 2016:

1. Dunwall Assassins
Pick: Antonio Brown
Owen is a fan of the team I will no longer mention by name which means he will have to face the temptation of taking Todd Gurley, with his first pick, but the best and safest choice is Antonio Brown. 

2. Sesame Street Gang
Pick: Odell Beckham Jr. 
Hery has to settle with ODB with his second pick, but as a fan, he'll be pleased to own a Giant.  

3. Heartbreak Kid
Pick: LeVeon Bell   
I'm not buying it, I've read it all, I've heard it all, but sometimes it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. By selecting an RB this early, I feel this will commence the first "positional run." #trendsetter

4. The Bane 
Pick: Devonta Freeman
Full disclosure this was the hardest GM to figure out (and Steven lives closest of everyone to me). However, in a PPR setting, Freeman catches and runs (a snatch right before his previous owner, too)

5. Gotham Knights 
Pick: Adrian Peterson
"Old habits die hard." Death, Taxes, and a Viking fan choosing Adrian Peterson despite what all of the fantasy experts say...Justin will not be able to help himself (unless he opts for Rodgers, again).

6. The Sith 
Pick: Todd Gurley
This came really close to being Cam Newton, but I don't think Gurley makes it past 3 "team-who-moved-away-and-broke-hearts" fans and I'm going with Gurley still being taken in the overall top. 

7. Prophets & Kings
Pick: DeAndre Hopkins 
"If" JB keeps this pick and that's a big "if" considering he's traded out of the first round for the past 3 seasons...with the biggest RB names off the board, I predict the Year of the WR will continue, again. 

8. Sons of Thunder 
Pick: Julio Jones
Francois will luck out with the fall of the century in selecting Julio Jones with the 8th pick. 

9. The "10th" Team 
Pick: Running Back
Full disclosure: I have no idea what will happen in this spot, but I'm going with a traditional RB.

10. Limited Edition
Pick: Ezekiel Elliott 
Again, "Old habits die hard." Death, Taxes, and Cowboy fans choosing Cowboy players. 
(If Elliott is gone, insert Dez Bryant)

The beauty of this I can be both 100% right or 100% wrong. For the most part, many of you are creatures of habit...but it'll be interesting to see each selection through the first round next week.

I'll see you all Monday: 11AM EST, 10AM CST & 8AM PST. 


Happy Labor Day, boys.

HBK

P.s. If you stubbornly select another player just to spite my list...well, that impact's on your team.

No comments:

Post a Comment