Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


The aftermath of the season isn’t till next week, but I just couldn’t wait…I love this game. #preseason

Just like riding a bike, Tuesday Morning Hangovers is back for a tenth season. It’s a bit of a mirth feeling, actually…I met most of you through college, but we’ve played this game longer than our college careers. I’ve spent more than a third of my life playing this game. I couldn’t help but ask myself, why am I back?   

Rave of the Week

This season I would like to take a different approach to my weekly post. In years past, I highlight the NFL season, but this year I would like to focus more on our league. That’s why I play with you set of fellows. Over the weekend, I had the privilege of participating and witnessing Limited Edition’s marriage. It’s an honor I’ve never taken for granted…contrary to popular belief, I prefer a clandestine lifestyle. The best things in life are not meant for everyone. Wedding feast demonstrate this as many are invited, but few are chosen. Nathan was happier than I’ve ever seen him in my entire life, as was Hery on his wedding day earlier this year, too. As guys, we don’t show that side to just anyone; it’s a rare thing to see in one another. It’s an invitation to see someone ball their eyes out as their bride comes down the aisle. It’s an invitation to see someone uncontrollably grin from ear to ear. It’s an invitation to one of the greatest days in their world. If that day ever came for me, I know I’d feel the same way…it’s not a side of me I want to show the entire world, just to those who are chosen.
The same is true of the Elite league…everyone knows about our league. The comradery, competition and comedic relief is well documented (S/O to The Bane for creating a blog). *I had to create a family league last year just for my sister because she had to experience this game she knows we all love. Many have been invited, but it’s for those chosen. The Elite league is an invitation to some of the greatest series of non-profit written articles. The Elite league is an invitation to witness rivalries close to a decade old. The Elite league is an invitation to one of the greatest fantasy football leagues you could ever play.

If you are reading this, welcome to 10th year of the Elite league.  

*The family league was called, “Game of Hearts.” Heh.

Rant of the Week

We often vote for laughs on ours polls, but I think this year’s “last minute cramming” was definitely a true story for me. Even as I take a moment out of my day to reflect on this new season, my mind quickly floods with “to-do list” agendas (don’t worry, TMH was on there). This game is a big part of my life, but my life is also growing bigger, too. The days where I spent HOURS prepping for a new season are gone.  

Similar to life, I’ve come to the conclusion this game doesn’t get easier to play as the years go on, but the challenge heightens. It was easy after class to dash out to make a waiver claim (it’s much more difficult to do in a meeting). So I return to my question: why am I back? I’m back because I want to win. I’m back because I love this game. I’m back because writing this oddly is an excellent stress reliever. I’m back because I refuse to let Hery repeat. I’m back because this is best non-fraternity, fraternity, ever.

Let’s get ready to rumble.

I’m out like 23 candles on my kid brother’s birthday cake… #HBD


HBK 

No comments:

Post a Comment