Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

Forgive me league, for I have sinned…I’m recovering from a severe 2 week case of writer’s block. #week8

Rave of the Week

Every year I love to give the Eastern GM’s crap for being the least of the two divisions. The West only plays them once a year, but they are the opposition we meet if we make it to the Superbowl.  Yet I often truncate their regular season victories because they've been like the little brother (literally) to the West for years.  

However, if I’m being honest, I do not want to have anything to do with that division this year. [Spoiler alert] The East has quietly produced the stronger competition the past two years. It was serendipitous that I ended up playing Dan in the Superbowl last year as opposed to Hery or Maucus (who both finished regular season better). Owen has dominated all year, yet his only losses have come from…the East.

It only gets better (or worse) Hery’s “Sesame Street Gang” store front is about as innocent as, “Los Pollos Hermanos” meanwhile the formerly “Rocket Scientists” has picked up a serious dark side these past few years. Gotham Knights [insert every Batman joke ever used the last 8 years] is not playing around this year and Orange Crush [irony] owns Manning (who’ll get you at least 4 wins every year by himself). It’s going to SUCK to be in 4th place in the East this year. Instead of referring to you all as the “least,” I’m going to have to start respecting you all as the, “beast.”

Well done, east…

Now that I've said that, never expect to hear another good word from me, again.

Rant of the Week

There’s plenty to celebrate this week: I won, we all wanted a Steve win (just not against us), the Royals won and most importantly…my Champs are back tonight for another season to take on LeBron, Part IV!

If you’re not familiar (Owen) with my allegiance to a random city’s team in Texas, I won’t bother…only because it involves at least a 7,000 word essay that timelines my life and why I love the Spurs. #GSG

There’s nothing better than your favorite team crushing your least favorite player and being able to talk about it for 365 days. How can my elevated joy-joy-joy-joy stay down in my heart? [Long story short] I've applied to be a guest columnist for a Spurs fan website, “Project Spurs.” I’ve written in the league for years…why not try professionally? It’d be awesome to use my verbal gifts to talk about my favorite team all the time! All of these creative insights, rants, raves, Tuesday (or Wednesday) repetitions have come to…

This would have little impact on the league as most of the NBA season takes places during the NFL’s off-season, but it would be a most excellent replacement once the fantasy season concludes annually.   
I’m out like the Giants, hopefully… #Royals

HBK 

No comments:

Post a Comment