Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

This week's post is more like Someday Morning Hangovers... #weeklate 

Rave of the Week

Last Sunday I attended the wedding for a cousin of mine in Detroit, Michigan. It was a lovely wedding and I saw lots of family, but as you saw, it also took place on during the climax of football on Sunday.

Now…it’s not as if I wished I was elsewhere, but as a guy, the little Bible boy running down the aisle and dropping the Bible is only so cute. I did pay attention…for a while, but 45 minutes later and only the 3rd bridesmaid of 12 has come down the aisle…my brain decided to embrace debate:   

Right Brain: “This is nice…so…I wonder if you’re losing…”

Left Brain: “Dude. Focus. You’re at a wedding, but I agree, you need a win this week.”

Me: “Wait, isn't one of you supposed to say checking scores is right and the other say it’s wrong?

Left Brain: “Yes. Checking to see if you’re losing is wrong, checking to see if you’re winning is right.

Right Brain: “I like the way he thinks. Also, since you’re online see if bridesmaid #9 is single on FB…”

Once it became clear it was two against one, I didn't stand a chance…but that’s what makes fantasy football so great. It’s like green eggs and ham. I can check scores in a boat; I can check them with a goat. I can check scores in a train; I can check them in the rain. In a car and in a tree, I checked them at a wedding, you see. I can check scores here and there, say, I can check scores anywhere!  #samIam

Rant of the Week

Life is not meant to be easy.

Coming home from the Motor city, I got stranded in Chicago. Literally. I arrived in Chicago to a delay, and then cancelling, and then re-booking, followed by a cancellation and another cancelling. In fact I couldn't find anything that could get me home before Wednesday. Aside from Tuesday being a personal holiday, I had a pressing meeting the following afternoon that I needed to attend. The results ended up being leaving O’Hare for the closest Avis and driving the rest of the way back.   

Meanwhile in the fictional game of football I lost not one, not two but three players to season ending injuries in one week. Three! We all know the struggle is real when it comes to waivers in the Elite, but the pool is borderline bird bath shallow when you need to add one player, let alone three.  

It’s easier to give up.


There’s very little in life that you’ll want that doesn't require some sort of diligent effort to get it whether it’s surviving a very real week or trying to get a win in the Elite. There’s a quote that I have written all over my belongings that says, “Quitters never win and winners never quit.” If ever there was a week I truly didn't have time to write, it was this week and yet it’s here anyway. Our habits follow us regardless of what we’re doing, if you can give up now, it’ll be easier to give up on other things, too. Don’t let a bad stretch keep you from having a good season. 

The Royals are in the World Series for crying out loud...

I'm out like 27...  

HBK  

No comments:

Post a Comment