Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


“…the end of the season comes down to the classic DC comic debate: “Superman vs. Batman” #weekfifteen #playoffs


Rave of the Week
When assessing myself as a GM, I have this one weakness…loyalty. For the past three years I’ve drafted my assortment of fifteen players with two reoccurring team members: Shonn Greene and Stevie Johnson. Why? Three years ago (ironically last time I was headed to the Super bowl) they both played critical roles in winning my belt. Ever since then, I’ve drafted them every year; this year was the first year that I traded Stevie Johnson away (and I’ll be real; it was hard) and didn’t hesitate to snatch him back up. I know these guys aren’t the best, but they’re my boys! I’m sure everyone has ties to NFL players that we’d swear up and down it’s not the player, it’s the team!  
Ironically this year, I tried to trade away Shonn Greene…Reggie Bush, injured players like McFadden, Jones-Drew, McCoy and in any package deal I offered. Nothing came of it and he’s spent most of the season on my bench but how ironic is it that he is why I’m in the Superbowl. (Not to mention he’ll finish the year with better numbers than Bush or McFaddon and Jones-Drew/McCoy never came back…) The very player I tried to get rid of got me to the big game…and that’s why they’re my boys. So I’m going into the last game of the season with my entire ride or die crew (maybe not starting but at least part of the family).
P.s. Anyone know if Chad Johnson is on waivers? Lol… #boyforlife
 Rant of the Week
If there is one thing I hate about ending the season after sixteen weeks instead of seventeen it’s because of the holidays. The outcome of this game comes on Christmas Eve…that means you’re either going to be jolly like Saint Nick or the Grinch…
On another note, I made a wrong call in last weekend’s game and even though I won, I was still very upset with myself. We all know the pressure that comes with the playoffs and it’s tempting to listen to this fantasy expert or that Espn anaylist, but we all know who truly has the last call when finalizing our line ups…our stomachs. “The Tummy Principle” (I call it; and will further explore next year) is that guiding nerve that tells us what is good and evil. When we go away from this, it leaves us spinning against a wall, with our feet off the ground, screaming for it to stop (anyone know the name of the ride I’m describing?)
Going into the last and final game of 2012; I’m going with the tummy principle! Does that mean your stomach is always right? Of course not…but I’d much rather lose because of something I did vs. losing because of listening to the wrong advice… (Because then my stomach would be really sick)
I’m out like the amount of people will most likely read this besides Justin…
HB2K

No comments:

Post a Comment