Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangover


Me: "Hey, let's go and see RG3!" Mary Q: "Okay! Is that a place?" #weekfourteen #firstround #playoffs
Rave of the Week

In general, I dislike bye weeks (it takes the edge away). However this year a bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Most players spend their bye weeks resting, playing with their kids, golfing; I used the off weekend to go and visit the girlfriend. Mary Q is a concert vocalist and this past weekend she had three different performances in DC. She was grandoise throughout the weekend, but on Sunday she was slightly nervous for her final and biggest concert.

When she told me this, I immediately slipped back into my "GM" mode (I've been managing a factious team for the past thirteen weeks; I should be able to handle a singer...) We got to her auditorium, found her dressing room, water, a piano to practice, you name it (I even invented a "fantasy singer" point system in my head #truestory). Now...there's no way I could have been this helpful had my team been playing this past weekend. She would've been nervous? I would've been nervous! However thanks to the bye week, I spent the whole weekend acting as if sports didn't even matter...lol

By the end of it all, "we" (meaning her and her GM) had successfully pulled off three shows. Everyone was touched by her "stud" performances; an old lady sitting beside me even shed a tear (actually I spend most of the night trying to figure out if she was asleep or dead...) And that concluded my bye week and I don't want to hear Handel's Messiah again, for the rest of this year...

Rant of the Week
Now here's the opposite story to my weekend...this was the toughest weekend to be away from sports...oh my goodness. I mean you had a great Knicks-Heat game, Johnny Football winning Heisman (and future fantasy stud in the NFL), the boxing match and there was still football all day Sunday!

On our way to her performance on Sunday we passed the Redskins stadium and I couldn't help but think, "I want to go to there." I'm not going to lie, while she was in rehearsal, I was back and forth between NFL mobile, Twitter and the Fantasy App. So even though I was away, I was still right with you all: "Why does Nathan's defense have as many points as Cam!? Justin lost RG3 at the worst time of year, but at least he still has Christian Ponder (a top twenty QB, lol) I know Hery is praying to God right now that he'll get rid of all his vices if He saves him from losing..." However I was a good boyfriend and stayed off it during the program (plus she would always look for me when she stood to sing). When we got back her brother (who may join the league someday due to obvious reasons) filled me in on all the great games I missed...but it's okay, because now I'm back and now it's time to get ready for #ff playoffs. Round Two. Fight!

I'm out like Manny Paquiao...

HB2K

P.s. Just in case you missed last week's TMH, it's all on the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment