Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


Me: “I love our league because we’re all boys and we all…” Francois: “…secretly hate each other…”
@reecevalentine: “We’re all boys but some guys I want them to lose EVERY week” (twitter status) @bishopdemps: “I don’t even want these dudes to be able to find matching socks when they get dressed ‘cuz of football.” (response via my tweet)
#weekeleven

Rave of the Week
I’m writing about something that’s taken me a year and half to adapt to: “Fantasy Football after College.” I knew life would change after graduation; (unknowingly to me) I didn’t realize that included fantasy football. 
Before…
This game was the easiest to play in college. (I WISH I realized how good we had it) “Commish Reports” were recorded the same day, it seemed like there was a new video every day, TMH wasn’t the only weekly publishing (Exposed, Sideline Report, Bishop Bio’s, etc) ESPN was all we watched at lunch, Dan and Steve talked trades in the halls, you could always find Hery in the library (on the page), if you wrote a post before class you could guarantee there’d be a response when you got back and some nights I’d still be awake when waivers processed at 2AM…
After…
I go to work…and when I get off work I sometimes work evenings, too. Some evenings I have to study or run errands I couldn’t do all day because I was at work, or I have to listen to Mary Q talk about girlfriend things. Dude…I don’t feel like making a video after all of that. (I’m writing this TMH on my lunch break!) And it’s the same for all of you (well, Ralph and Jonathan are still in school) so don’t get on another guy for being too busy for the league because you don’t know what busy means for him and it takes time to adjust. I think I wrote like 5 TMH all of last year… for instance I don’t have time to watch ESPN anymore so I listen to ESPN podcasts when drive, run, etc. 
Future…
I say all of this with no wife, kids or any responsibilities other than my own. (So in five years I could be complaining about how good I had it now) There will probably come a day when the waiver pick up for the week will still be available to claim when you log in…on Sunday morning. And you know what? It’ll still be the best league to be a part of because our league isn’t “Elite” because of how we play the game, but who we play the game with…life’s always changing and so will how we play this game and that’s perfectly fine. A true GM learns to win under any circumstance.
 Rant of the Week
Unless your head was in a hole (or you haven’t quite adjusted via my topic above) this week’s episode of the Elite looked more like an episode of “ten angry men.” And none of the beef came from guys who actually played each other this week! Lol Who says there isn’t segregation between the East and West??? (This looked more like the North vs. South…) Guys were spattin’, others were rapping…whoa, whoa, whoa!! “Can’t we all just [brotherly] not get along??”
It’s only a game; and though I want to competitively CRUSH you all…I want to do it, as your boy…If you want to stab another GM in the back, do it…on the football field. If someone smites you on the cheek, turn and smite them on both…on the football field. J Ahaha…
So boys…keep calm and fantasy football style.
I’m out like deleted posts…
HB2K  

No comments:

Post a Comment