Thursday, August 28, 2014

The East


After a brief exchange on the wall, a story was born (but more so an excuse to write) about my enemy, the East. I don't want to say too much due to being the only person who can hold the mic (storyboard issues), but let the fun and trash talk begin. 

As Hery noted, he and I are not in the same division which is one reason I look forward to our annual match. The evolution of how the East & West came into existence is rather primitive. Unlike the Creation story, our divisions evolved from a computer that separated the two sides billions of randomized PC equations ago. Since then, man (GMs) have come and gone by simply filling the empty slots. However, I've come to see the East as my personal, "Hit List" of foes and villians whose hearts I've desired to break.  

1.       The Sesame Street Gang
Now that “the Duck” (formerly known as “the Educators”) is dead, let’s face it…Hery is now the guy we all want to beat. From his Haha’s to the eighth power to his message board post after he beats you. Credit due: Hery has finished no less than 3rd the past three years. It would be an honor to CRUSH your fantasy team’s hubris if we ever were privileged to face each other in the Superbowl.

2.       The Sith
It’s the reason the Ravens had to beat the 49ers…rule 101: “You don’t let your kid brother beat you at anything.” When he reached an age that I no longer could pound him with ease, we stopped fighting. Credit due: Maucus has gotten better every year he’s been in the league, but as marketable as a “Superbro” may sound, that’s not a battle I want to lose for him to hold over me for eternity.  

3.       Orange Crush
The 1st year of the Elite, I loss in the second round to a team (I can’t remember) who allowed Orange Crush to take home the Elite’s first championship.  Nine years later, I still haven’t been able to make up for that missed opportunity. Credit due: Ryan has always been a fantasy pain in my side…He will always be “Mile High Madness” to me. P.s. I really hate the Broncos, too.

4.       JB
I’ll admit there’s not much here other than prior division rivalry of facing him 4 times in the last 2 years. However he wanted to be in the East. Also, replacing Dan’s slot, in theory (and even the memory of the Educators) is enough to give me the desire to take out JB, too. Credit due: JB does serious research competitor! It’d be an honor to hang your team mascot above my fireplace, too. J

Other Enemies
  • Please note the, “Sideline Borderhoppers” & “Gotham Knights have already been checked off. Heh.
  • It should also be noted in order to beat any of those 4 teams, I would need to go through, “Limited Edition,” “Sons of Thunder,” & “The Bane,” but I’ll write about division rivalries another time.
*Mic dropped*

HBK

No comments:

Post a Comment