Monday, August 26, 2013

2013 Elite League Power Rankings

It’s been a few years since I've done this, but this is one of the first years where we have no newcomers (the average years of GM experience among us: 5 years). I usually wait till after draft but that’s not a GM ranking, that’s a “based on the players you have drafted” ranking. 
My power ranking takes into consideration every year (not just last year); everyone is ranked first by championships, next by finals appearances, than by experience. (My ranking has nothing to do with whether you’ll make this year’s playoffs or not) Here are my overall preseason rankings and “a few” predictions:

Heartbreak Kid, 8th Year, 2 Championships, 3 Finals Appearance 

-        If this was your list, you’d all list yourself first. It’s hard to not be biased about yourself (so other than the above stats given) I’ll leave the decision of my place in the rankings to the competition. 
Limited Edition, 7th Year, 2 Championships

-        Nathan had a “draft formula” in 2011 and won. He still made conference finals despite missing 2012’s draft. 2013 gives him another opportunity to show if his strategy was, “luck” or “truth.” 
Sesame Street Gang, 6th Year, 1 Championship

-        After winning the Superbowl in 2010, Hery has finished no worse than third place the last two years. It’s enough evidence to show that he’ll be around till the end (message boards, too).
Orange Crush, 7th Year, 1 Championship

-        Other than MMOB (R.I.P) Ryan is the only rookie to win it all and has never missed the playoffs. However I have no idea what sitting out a year does to a GM so this spot is more out of respect.
The Gotham Knights, 7th Year, 2 Finals Appearances

-        Reverse roles and Justin would have two belts. His strategy is predictable but can’t be knocked since it works. I can’t gauge what he’ll do this year but remember this: Batman always returns.
The Educators, 6th Year, 1 Finals Appearance

-        His trophy case doesn't show, but we know what Dan is capable of and he might be the most proficient GM of us all, unfortunately for him, this is a precarious game. He’ll bounce back 2013.
Sons of Thunder, 6th Year, 1 Finals Appearance

-        How Francois has avoided public pressure to win a belt is beyond me. Truthfully I have no idea what to expect from him because mentally I can’t read him and that’s enough to worry me.
The Bane, 6th Year, 1 Finals Appearance

-        0-13. there’s no need to rub it in; that was last year. I’ve got Steven making the playoffs in 2013.  
The Darth Waiver, 3rd Year

-        Bold prediction: I’m not saying he’ll win but, “The Darth Waiver will make the Superbowl.” {Spoiler Alert} 7 of our 8 current GMs all made it to the Superbowl no later than their 3rd year.    
                               o   Orange Crush & Sons of Thunder  1st Year
                               o   Heartbreak Kid & Limited Edition 2nd Year
                               o   The Gotham Knight, The Bane & Sesame Street Gang 3rd Year
JB, 2nd Year

-         Jonathan came a 0.57th point from making the final four his rookie year. I can't rank him higher because I can't be a prisoner of the moment. I can’t predict his 2013, but from his story posts, clever trades; he verbally acted like he’s been playing with us for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment