Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuesday Morning Hangovers {Offseason Edition}



This is a subpoena for live draft this fall; you’ve been served. #offseason

Rave of the Offseason

Ladies & gentlemen of the Elite league, greetings:

We’re still another four months from the football season but I am sending this email so that in the court of the Elite League, there is evidence of this in written form.

“The object of this court hearing is to once again, return this league to one of a live draft. Why leave the ruling to a PC judge when you can testify the selection of your team to the pontificating jury, your fellow GMs.”

In the eighth year since this league has started, some of you have gone from Mr. to Mr. & Mrs. However as your “amicus curiae”(friend of the court) I am giving you this written witness with plenty of time to accommodate your life with your other half. If you can foresee conflicting schedules, please approach the bench prior to date of, not the weekend of…

And if I can’t beseech your emotions for sports, let me plea to you on behalf of brotherhood! It’s the last time of the year for bonding before we’re all in the middle of the season and competitively, hate each other…

Rant of the Offseason

Currently, we’re in the midst of the conference finals of the NBA playoffs so I can’t complain too much unless we’re talking about the lurking doom ahead. I’m not referring to a potential Heat title. I’m referring to watching NOTHING BUT BASEBALL FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS. Seriously? How is it 2013 and we as a Nation still let this happen?

Now don’t get me wrong, nothing other than Redbird cap has ever graced my head, but how Ewers gets excited for this sport cannot be explained (but neither can how he’s dating a Brazilian broad, either…) Assuming you’re no longer reading this because you find yourself on Ewer’s Facebook page, I’ll just conclude by saying do your research, save your pennies and save the date…Live Draft - Labor day weekend.
I just realized today is Wednesday, not Tuesday; some things never change. Heh.

I’m out like just about every sport this summer…see you boys this Fall.

The Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment