Thursday, September 12, 2019

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

Years ago I'd create custom pics for my articles, now I'm just going to post pics of Mahomes

“Mike Evans is sick so you might want to consider starting someone else…” Mausharie #weekone

Spoiler alert: I don’t know how many of these you’re going to get, but let’s enjoy it and ride the wave of excitement that the NFL is back for now…

Rave of the Week
My sister has her first fantasy football team and she is all about trying to win with the knowledge she’s gaining. It’s fun to watching someone discover all the new elements of the game that have become old to me. Monday night she called me at 10:43* because she had a question about waivers. On Sunday, I got a call from her that expressed my opening line. Look, I’ve been playing this game since 2006. My hubris was not about to take advice from someone who probably has no idea who Alvin Kamara is…so our games began (with me thinking that I know everything*) and Mike Evans began and concluded with 3.8 points...

3.8 points.

There were other factors*, but my little sister was right. Truthfully, I didn’t even know that he was sick at all. I stopped watching fantasy shows a long time, ago. However, lessons in humility are forever. The irony is Alshon Jeffery scored 19.60 points on my bench. Even after participating in 157 regular-season games, I’ve realized that there’s always more to learn in life and in fantasy football if you’re open to it.

Rave of the Week II 

The Chiefs scored 40 points this weekend, so I’ve got no rants this week*. I didn’t get to write about this last season, but it totally deserves to be critically acclaimed: (nod your head in agreement) GroupMe is the absolute best. It’s basically a twitter* feed with only the people and subjects you want. Honestly, as much as I love the NFL and fantasy football, it’s not why I continue to play. It’s all about the comradery: comments, gifs, Happy Birthdays, likes, etc. Football may take place on Sunday, but GroupMe is how we get through the week. It’s important to belong to a community. GroupMe is a way to say, “we’re all still here.” If you’re reading this, you’re important to this league and it wouldn’t be the same without you…

Okay, Mike Evans plays tonight so I need to go and call my sister and ask her what she thinks now.

I’m out like Odell Beckham's watch for everyone to see…

HBK

*PM, apparently my competitiveness is genetic
**the foundation of all my problems in life
***I dropped Winston like I was the Raiders GM…
****More importantly, the defense didn’t give up more than 40 points
*****We need the Retweet with comment option!

Editor’s Note: For those of you who are new to the league, Tuesday Morning Hangovers is a day after the final game “weekly” blog by the Commish of the Elite league that is about rants, raves, and lessons learned over the season about football and life that’s almost never published on Tuesdays or weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment