Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday Morning Hangovers


“I’d take a Chiefs win over a fantasy win, but can’t I have both?” – Steven #weekone

Rave of the Week 


I’ve come to the conclusion there’s just no other sport like the NFL. I don’t get this excited for the NBA season, I don’t even know when the MLB or NHL seasons even begin* and being in a football town only enhances the experience. Since I’ve been in Kansas City, I’ve banded together with a little community of Chiefs fans, too. It features me, Steven & Ms. Rodriguez (Alex’s Mom, who is a bigger fan than either of us). Now there are weeks when we have a larger audience, but us three are the core. We cheer scores, complain about blown plays, consume food, coordinate red attire and cry* together. It’s greatest. I’d still join them even if they were Patriots games*. Okay, maybe not that last sentence, but I strongly recommend finding your own game day party people. It’s like celebrating the Superbowl every weekend. I legit stayed in on Saturday night to get some odds/ends done so that I could watch the game with them uninterrupted. Steven and I both lost last weekend and it didn’t matter* because the NFL season is back.

Rant of the Week


So I’m not a huge fan of the NFL mobile app experience* and if you ask me, it took part of the fun out of our league the past two seasons because the ability to interact on it was frustrating. It’s like the committee who took away touchdown celebrations were the same ones who created this app. I did a lot of research this offseason on alternative messaging applications: Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc. As I’ve mentioned in the above story, the game is only as good as the entire experience (and I think we can all agree there is nothing better than a solid GIF). It was time to get back to what made this league the best anyway: the community interaction across comments, polls, stories and now we have the ability to do all of that in one app. So check out the app: create polls, like comments, posts GIFs, etc. It’s better than getting hundreds of texts. When I saw Justin’s message this morning, I thought, “it’s been awhile since anyone has given me grief for a loss” but this is why I’ve was huge on GroupMe this season: it’s the return of excessive celebration.

Welcome to another season (and experience) in the Elite, gentlemen.

I’m out like Cleveland Brown losses (or wins for that matter...)

HBK

*Or care when it begins…
**But no tears, yesterday 😊(only in the playoffs...)
***I really freaking hate the Patriots…
****While the game was going, anyway…

1 comment: