Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

I would just like to say, with days like today, I’m glad we have this #week8

Rave of the Week

I know I haven’t been as consistent this year at all, but this week I will do my best to get a few of these up as the year is quickly beginning to conclude. This week we highlight our fifth year GM, The Sith.*

The last of the students. It’s crazy to think my kid brother is about to graduate college. Wait, I was JUST in college!? Nevertheless the Sith has come a long way since he first joined the league. (Granted, that’s not difficult to do in the East) plus I couldn’t have a league with all my bros without my #brodie.

If JB’s strategy is trading in draft, Maucus’ strategy is trading for injured superstars and hoping they get healthy. His bench is like the pool of Bethesda or the cast of the 2014 All Star team. Yet, Ralph keeps the Elite economy fluid with deals. Other than Francois, if you haven’t traded with Maucus this year, raise your hand. Yeah…at some point, 10% of your team has been owned by him.

I’m glad you’re in the league. See in you in a SuperBro one day.

*Rocket Scientists. Based upon your team name luck, it’s probably best to avoid trips that involve space.  

Rant of the Week

Injuries. Actually, it’s been more like “the plague” this year.

There have been so many season ending injuries, too.

Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Jordy Nelson, Kelvin Benjamin, LeVeon Bell, Steve Smith, etc.

That’s a STACKED Elite playoff team right there. I’d take that draft success any year (except this one). If this keeps up, we’re going to have to sound a cannon at the end of the games on Sundays.* At this rate, the Elite Superbowl will feature two teams with no talent, just “active” players. Although considering the team Cam Newton has on offense; he’d be a great GM in the Elite this season.

Yet, I have to consider there is more to this figment football than what impacts us. This year represents my first (and last year) playing in a money league, but that’s a later story. I lost Arian Foster the week before last and immediately yelled, foot.* Then I thought about it…dude’s career is potentially over. I mean, what if I lost the ability to use, excel? Sorry, I couldn’t type that sentence seriously, but it was too funny to take out. These men have lives and families to take care of…this has got to be looked at by the league. I mean, going as an injured Derrick Rose for Halloween has become a thing now. Dude’s known for being a physical therapy legend. Get well players, get well.  

Ultimately if this keeps up, we may have to switch to a younger league (True story: I saw the next ODB13 and the kid’s only in 6th grade!) I went to the store the other day to look for an injury bug repellant to spray my team, but they didn’t have anything. It’s probably only available in like Back to the Future 4.

I’m out like the Royals 30 year drought…

HBK

*I’d definitely draft Jennifer Lawrence. Petah is like the Devonte Freeman of Hunger Games. #lucky.


**No really, it’s a four letter word, it represents something downward and it’s definitely begrimed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment