Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

The schedule that Dan fought against and the playoff system I didn’t want is the very reason why we’re both in the Superbowl… ” #weekfifteen

Rave of the Week

Today, I sit before you to write a very humble entry. It’s an honor to be in the Superbowl; my appreciation for this opportunity grows every visit because it’s such a rare place to compete. I’ve made it here for consecutive years, but I can just as easily miss it for the next 10...

After last year, I FB/IG a picture of my season success and regretted it. People who knew nothing about us assumed I was playing against weak competition which couldn’t be further from the truth. For every winner in the Elite, you represent the face of our league. This is a tough place to win and the former is the last thing I’d want to be the perception of the public. When you beat the Elite, you’ve beat the best in the game and that’s humbling, not easy.    

Another reason I’d find myself a humbled winner is it hasn’t been seven weeks since I posted a picture of a girl sitting in the shower. The crowd is rooting for a first time winner, however there’s also the potential script for the first GM to ever win the Superbowl after being as low as 9th place. Last year I began signing my initials as “HB2K” as reference to my goal, but this year “HB2K” became my ego. I wonder if the proverbial “fall” happens because our heads are so high in the clouds that we forget process of the only thing humans can do…walk. Ironically seven weeks later, I was brought back to earth and replaced HB2K with the Comeback Kid. 

Heading into the Superbowl I'll have plenty of time to set and reset my line but right now I'll just take time to acknowledge making it this far because winning is privilege, not a right.  

Rant of the Week

My proclivity for superstitious tendencies are well documented and I’ve been unapologetic about them till this year. Last year, my “birthday wishes” was a true story…however if you recap my birthday weekend this year, I stated I didn’t wish myself to winning and on the eve of the Superbowl.

At the Superbowl, Budweiser launched a campaign “it’s not weird if it works.” Simple. Comedic. Logical. Despite how hot Zoe Saldana is…it left me palpable with an irritated conscious. The commercial was too ambiguous, yet overflowing with temerity at the same time.

So I renounced my ways and watched the Spurs lose the Finals and the Cardinals lose the World Series. It’s as if everything around me screamed for me to return to my former habits in order to make things right with my world. However I’m done with it all regardless of former or future outcomes.

The only thing I detest about my hypothesis is that I have no conclusion. I cannot explain why I watched Charles Clay’s entire game he only scores 0.7 points yet when I turn off the Chiefs game, Jamaal Charles goes for 50 points. I cannot explain why my winning streak coincides with my trading for Stevie Johnson. I cannot explain a lot of things, but I’m done trying to think that I’m in control of them. It’s an innocuous attempt to try and play God and that my friends…is wrong. The best thing I can tell you is that, “luck is the combination of preparedness and opportunity” #earlnightingale    

I’ll be the first to admit it’s not as fun…doesn’t make for as great of a story and I really did just go religious on you all but that’s my conclusion.

I’m out like Hery’s Christian Mingle account…

CBK

No comments:

Post a Comment