Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tuesday Morning Hangovers

“I’d rather lose by a million than to lose that close” – Some dude named, Darius… #weeksix

Rave of the Week

Jonathan Brassington, Prophets & Kings, 4th Year

Editor note: I apologize JB as somehow a photo with just the two of us seems to escape me…I will rectify this next time you’re in town. It’s a bit crazy to think that the second shortest tenured GM in the league has been playing almost five years. Our retention is incredible.

I don’t remember meeting JB either, I just remember knowing him. (Spoiler alert: I don’t remember 60% of where I met any of you so get used to that opener…) Yet a wedding, call of duty and four drafts later here we are today and I’m pleased to simply remember nothing more than the fact that we’re friends.

JB is an extremely gifted dude. During his time in this league he’s made cinema videos, podcast, shoot, he’s probably working on a music video…(that’s not a hint). He’s completely revolutionized how we approach draft and always looks out for the good of others in the league. You’re Elite, JB.  

Rant of the Week

In order to be a truly great general manager of the figment pigskin, you have to be able to leave emotion out of the game. I’ve not lived up to this, no one has…we all make the mistake of making decisions with our hearts instead of our heads. I can’t but help but think, what would we all do if we could draft anyone you would like…what 7 players would you take? As we approach mid season, I’ve decided to host a “Fan Manager” draft.

Reece’s “Fantasy” Fantasy Football Team

QB. Cam Newton

I would love to own Cam. Love. I’ve followed his career since Auburn. Unfortunately Cam always get taken higher than I’m willing to pay in draft. Cam Newton has the potential to eventually be the best player in this game, but it’s not time yet. I watch the highlights of the Panther’s game every week.   
RBS. Jamaal Charles & LeVeon Bell

What can I even say about these two that you don’t know…Charles tore his ACL on a non-contact play. What that means is he literally juked so hard…that he momentarily left his body. I don’t believe in ghost, but it would explain how he consistently goes through defensive walls. Up next: have you ever watched LeVeon Bell play a game? This guy is literally Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A: touchdown.
WRS. Dez Bryant & Brandon Marshall

There are no two wide receivers I love watching play more than this combo. I should be able to claim Brandon Marshall as a dependent on my taxes as he has been on my team 3 of the past 4 years. Dez grabs balls out of the air as if he’s mad that gravity decided to help him out by letting them descend.   
TE. Rob Gronkowski

This ranking isn’t simply because he’s the best at his position, it’s because he’s a BEAST. Seriously. Every week the defense knows it’s going to him and every week he still spikes the ball in the end zone. I know we were all created to do something extraordinary and Rob Gronkowski was born to play football.
FLX. Odell Beckham Jr.

I know…but I can’t help it. I want to trade for him every week. It’s the catch, it’s the aurora and it’s the sheer entertainment. If the Elite league existed back during the playground days, I would have dealt half my trading cards to own Odell Beckham Jr. Then convince one of you to stick your tongue to the poll.  

I didn’t pick a DST or K because...that’s like asking who my favorite Gungan from Star Wars is…*

I’m out like the name Biff…

HBK


*I’m still not picking Jar Jar Binks; I’d rather play the week with that slot empty… 

No comments:

Post a Comment